Lady Gaga’s new album | ARTPOP | 2013
LADY GAGA – ARTPOP
Information and Database
Welcome to Gaga Media’s ARTPOP page! Here you can find everything about Lady Gaga’s upcoming fourth studio album ARTPOP, to be released in November 2013. Keep checking back for the latest information as we will continuously update the page.
CURRENT SINGLE: DO WHAT U WANT
ALBUM/APP: November 11th 2013
Song Premiere: August 12th
2. Do What U Want (featuring R. Kelly)
The second single, Do What U Want featuring. R. Kelly is available on iTunes here.
- G.U.Y. (Girl Under You)
- Sexxx Dreams
- Jewels & Drugs (featuring T.I., Too $hort & Twista) [Explicit]
- Do What You Want (featuring R. Kelly) [Explicit]
- Mary Jane Holland
Too $hort, T.I. and Twista will be featured in ‘Jewels & Drugs’. Watch the performance at the iTunes Festival here. R. Kelly will be featured in ‘Do What You Want’
- Lady Gaga will be creating new technology with Apple, NASA and more, she told fans backstage [X]
- ARTPOP will be completely different than any of her previous albums, she told fans backstage [X]
- ARTPOP is about a phoenix rising from ashes, explains that it’s her first “real album” [X]
- On ARTPOP there is a tremendous lack of maturity or sense of responsibility, according to Lady Gaga at the BTWBall [X]
- Lady Gaga will be working with Inez & Vinoodh, Robert Wilson, Marina Abramovic and Jeff Koons.
- Speaking to WWD: “the point of ARTPOP is that art and pop can have an exchange,” says Gaga. Van Lamsweerde said she and Matadin have an image bank of 300 photos that they will try to edit down with Gaga and “put it out there, whether in a museum, on the Internet, for a single cover or for the press — it all will have its moment.” [X]
- The Haus Of Gaga has created a Fiber optic wig for the ARTPOP era. It will most likely be used in one of the music videos.
- Lady Gaga is planning to release ARTPOP in 2 volumes, still unsure. “I don’t know yet. I have a lot of music and I’m still writing.”
Rolling Stone: Eight Things We Know About ARTPOP
THE ARTPOP APP
- ARTPOP is not only an album, it is an entire project. It will have its own app (available to download on iPhone, iPad, Computers, Android, etc.) in which fans can interact and view films for every song as well as have extra music and more. [X]
- Lady Gaga held several ARTPOP meetings already [X]
- Built by TechHAUS, the technological branch of HAUS OF GAGA, the app itself is a musical and visual engineering system that combines art, fashion, and technology with a new interactive worldwide community – ‘the auras’. Altering the human experience with social media, we bring ARTculture into POP in a reverse Warholian expedition. Exploring Gaga’s existence as a cultural interface, the user will share in the ‘adrenaline of fame; as they build and share their own projects, chat with one another, and watch in real-time on a virtual globe as ARTPOP explodes onto the physical and virtual universe at once on November 11, our ‘BIG BANG!’ On this day, HAUS OF GAGA venges with forte to bring the music industry into a new age: an age where art drives pop, and the artist once again is in control of the ‘icon’. [X]
- “The ARTPOP app is Free, available in App Stores on your device. You can purchase the music through the ARTPOP app once it’s downloaded. “ [X]
- “Or you can purchase the album at the music store+download the free app separately at the app store. -GAGA” [X]
- The app will be available worldwide, and it is in essence an interactive jewel case [X]
- The ARTPOP app consists of two “engineering systems,” one musical and one artistic
- Trackstar: Allows users to make their own songs, a sort of DJing system
- Arthaus: Create your own virtual sculptures. Fans will be able to upload their creations into a shared space online.
ABOUT THE SONGS
About Applause - Track 15 | 1st Single
- Fun & dance songs. “She said she knows what we want; and that’s fun, dirty, dance music, and there’s no shortage of it on ARTPOP.” [X]
- The album can be played from start to finish at a club, according to Lady Gaga
- Speaking to Ryan Seacrest [X]
“We wrote 70 to 100 songs over the course of two and a half years and … then we brought it to our friends and said, ‘What do you think?’” DJ White Shadow says. “You play the music and you just wait to see who gets drunk and takes their shirt off first,” Gaga adds, laughing.
- Whitesnake’s guitarist, Douglas Aldrich worked on a song for Lady Gaga.
- ARTPOP to feature the ‘Telephone’ continuation. [X]
- Gaga was much more happier recording it, compared to her last record “Born This Way’ [X]
- Infected Mushroom worked along with Zedd on ‘Burqa’. [X]
- DJ White Shadow
- Will.I.Am on ‘Fashion!”
- Rick Rubin on “Dope”
- Lady Gaga (produced “Venus” herself, co-producer on all other songs)
- Indonesian Monsters inspired Gaga to write songs for her album ARTPOP [x]
- Gaga was inspired by the conflict in Indonesia [x]
- The inspiration for the album are “possibilities” – says Lady Gaga at the BTWBall [X] at Skype chat [X]
- ARTPOP is the music Lady Gaga has been making since ‘The Fame‘ [X]